My Family & I have been making a conscious decision to eat better. While we aren’t following a Specific diet plan, we are trying our best to eat as clean as we can. If you aren’t familiar with ” clean eating” I would define it as choosing to eliminate all processed foods and extra additives from your diet. Basically, you are choosing to eat whole, unrefined foods.
I find that on the days that I don’t “cheat” I feel SO good, have good energy, and have managed to drop a few pounds over the past few months.
So today I am sharing a recipe for a meal I made for my family that clean or not, is simply DELICIOUS! It includes one of my FAVORITE new ingredients
Coconut milk that DOESN’T come in a can!
So, I combined this new found ingredient with a natural partner- LIME. Let’s be honest coconut lime ANYTHING is Heaven in my book.
Say goodbye to bland, dry chicken with this flavorful Coconut Lime Baked Chicken Recipe. It’s so easy too, and can be ready from start to finish—prep + cook time— in less than 40 minutes. However, I have found that the longer you allow the chicken to marinade the BETTER it is! It’s the perfect weeknight main dish, as it can be prepped the night or morning before and popped in a preheated oven for only 30 minutes. Serve with a simple side salad and/or Fresh Vegetables (which also cooks in no time) for a complete and most satisfying meal.
Here’s My Recipe:
- 2 Cups Silk Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or other citrus on hand)
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 pound whole bone-in chicken (skin on), cut up
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk together all ingredients (except chicken) until well combined. Toss chicken in mixture until coated. Arrange in oven-proof skillet or dutch oven. ( I lightly coated mine in coconut oil to ensure easy clean up.)
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- For more AMAZING flavor, marinate the chicken in the coconut milk mixture up to a whole day ahead, refrigerated in a zip-top plastic bag.
This Meal defintiely SCREAMS Summer!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.